So after thinking about it for months and months, I finally opened my blog! So hello, my name is Emy, I’m 28 years old and I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I’ve been OBSESSED with makeup since I can remember. Very soon I’ll write a blog post and talk about why I started this blog and, of course, more about me! So without further ado, here are my favorite drugstore products and why I love them so much:
1. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation – Gurl, if you have oily skin and have tried every foundation under the Sun that doesn’t make you look greasy after a couple of hours while being affordable, this is your match!. I’ve been using this baby for a little over a year and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It has medium to full coverage that’s buildable and feels light on the skin, and since it has a matte finish, you don’t need to set it with a powder. And best of all, no more shiny, greasy skin! I used to powder my face all the time, but with this foundation I barely have to. It lasts all day and it looks fresh on the skin. You can get it on any drugstore for around $13. Cheap and good? What more can you ask for!
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Again, since I’m oily, I tend to use products that are more on the matte side. So when I found this little gem at a drugstore with the word “STAY MATTE”, I had to try it. And hey, it only cost me $4.99!! I’ve been using it for years because it blends very easily, controls shine and it has a silky finish. The only thing I don’t love about it its the limited color range, they don’t offer a variety of shades for darker complexions.
3. Nyx Cosmetics Highlight & Contour Pro Palette – I recently purchased this palette when Nyx Cosmetics FINALLY arrived in Puerto Rico a couple of months ago. It was always sold out, so when I saw it at my local CVS, I bought it in a heartbeat. I have to admit, I have an addiction to contour palettes, it’s a problem. I pretty much own every drugstore contour palette but out of all of them, this one is my favorite. It has a variety of contour and highlight colors that work on many skin tones, the pigmentation is amazing and it’s very natural looking once you blend it on the skin. Honestly, this is the best palette you can get if you want to save money, and for $24.99 its not bad at all.
4. Nyx Cosmetics Ombré Blush – I also got this baby recently with my best friend Ruthie from Bodas del Encanto (her blog is amazing and so is she!). She saw one of our favorite YouTube beauty vloggers talk about it on one of her videos, so obviously we got it that same night 😂. I must say, at first I was skeptical about this blush because of the ombré effect, but I had to try it, so I got it in two shades: Mauve Me and Soft Flush. That very next day I used it while doing my makeup for work and OMG, I loved it! The pigmentation is very nice and it applied flawlessly on the skin. It does have a little bit of fallout, but I can work with it. Also, it only costs $10 and the pan is huge! So you’re getting a lot of value for your money.
5. Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner – I personally love winged eye liner, I wear it (lightly) everyday. It makes my eyes pop and while making them look bigger. Also, I’m not very good at winged eyeliner, but with this product it’s pretty easy. This liner has a felt tip, so the product is easier to apply. Also, it’s very pigmented, dries very fast and lasts all day. It’s not exactly waterproof but it won’t move or smudge during the day. The best part? I’ve had mine for around six months and it seems to never run out of product! So for $8.99, I can’t complain.
6. Nyx Micro Brow Pencil – If you love the Anastasia Brow Whiz but don’t want to spend the $21 that it costs, say hello to your new best friend. This brow liner goes on smoothly for effortless and flawless eyebrows. As the Anastasia one, the pencil is very thin and pigmented, so I can assure you that the difference is very minimal. They offer almost the exact range of colors and the packaging is very similar. I personally use it for everyday application, and since it costs half of what the Anastasia one costs, I don’t cry every time I run out.
7. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Chi – ColourPop is not exactly a drugstore brand, but they do offer excellent quality products with a drugstore price. I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE matte lipsticks, they’re my vice. I’m not ashamed to admit they I own around 150 matte lipsticks, many of them the same color but not the brand. I just love to compare formulas and lasting power. Also, nude colors are my favorite! ColourPop’s Ultra Matte Lipsticks are definitely on my Top 5 brands of liquid lipsticks, specially this shade. I use it almost every day for work cause it’s my perfect nude, no too light or too dark and it lasts all day. Also, they only cost $6. Can we get an AMEN? ColourPop products are only sold online, but their shipping is quite fast, and if you spend over $35, the shipping is free!
And there you have it! My all time drugstore favorites! What drugstore faves do you have? Let me know on the comments below or on my Facebook and Instagram accounts!
FYI – The blog is still under construction, so yeah, I know its pretty bland but I’m working on it! XOXOX